Friday, August 21, 2009

IT'S ALL ABOUT FOOD!

I have overdue pics on food and here goes......

Bentos I prepared for Tom:

1. Sweet Potato Rice with CP Chicken and Steam egg. We bought the famous banana cakes from JB. Tom liked the rice but I just don't fancy sweet potatoes ;)


2. Instant Mee Goreng, Cp Chicken and Club Sandwiches from KG. I packed some rambutans for his desserts.


3. Fried Seafood Rice with CP Chicken, Steam egg and sandwiches.

4. Plain Rice, Crabstick Steam Eggs, CP Chicken and Sotong Balls. Some sandwiches as well. Tom needs lots of Carbs for energy!

These are our dinners.....
1. Steam Seafood Tofu and Sweet & Sour Pork. Tom prefer his pork less crispy and we liked the tofu dish...yummy!

2. Made my first Ramly Burger using their patties bought from JB. It was really good and we packed some for our short getaway during the National Day weekend. Will update on that soon!

3. Prepared these Prata Wraps with Tuna and had the plain ones with Yeo's Canned Curry. Tom preferred home-cooked curry!

4. This is what I usually cooked whenever there's a promotion for Unagi. We loved the NTUC Meat Balls...yums!

We fell in love with this Malay stall in a coffee shop that sold really shiok Nasi Padang in JB and from then, we became their regular customers! Cheap and good..... actually more than good! The half boiled egg was very special too... it was Kampong Chicken Egg.... yummilious!

Jo enjoying his Kaya bun from Hiap Joo (our fave traditional confectionery in JB! They sell the best banana cakes!)

Recently, we found a new place to have seafood cos we missed eating good ones in JB. Tebrau Garden's had lost it touch totally! Here's New Lucky Restaurant.....tata..... delicious seafood without burning a hole in our pockets! Aircon and clean somemore....love it!
Our 1st visit: Gil was with us and we had Cereal Sotong, Sweet & Sour Pork, Sambal Kang Kong and Seafood Hor Fun. We liked everything except the Kang Kong cos it was a tad too dry for our liking!


Our 2nd visit: We ordered Hor Fun without eggs for our fussy boy who couldn't tolerate seeing the egg white on his Hor Fun... OCB! We had the Cereal Sotong again and tried their Signature Fried Tofu.... not too bad but I still prefers my Tofu with more gravy! Our 3rd visit was to celebrate my birthday which will be up on the next post.... we spent more than a hundred on that day...keke....

Aunty Pauline (Gil's mom) invited us to her place for dinner. As usual, she never fails to amaze me with her superb culinary skills... btw, she's a vegetarian and owned a famous Vegetarian food stall in Amoy Street Hawker Centre.You might have seen her on Channel U Variety show.... it was thumbs up for the judges!
And oh I scalded my fingers while trying to help her bring the hot boiling soup to the table.... sigh... clumsy me .... thks to Colgate, my fingers were saved!

This is my current fave yogurt drink, Shine by Dutch Lady! And we only buy them from JB....lol..... cos it's a lot cheaper to get it there!

Aunty Pauline gave us a huge or should I say a ginormous mango! It's bigger than my face la..... see how much strength Jo had to use...haha! And we got new sandals and flip flops from City Sq too!

One last pic of me without food before I go to bed........I love myself too much... hee hee....

Alright, that's all for the night, will update on my PD trip and birthday stuff soon...nite nite!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Cursors